December 08, 2007

Top 10 Atheist Quotes

Inspired by this post from mojoey linking to this article at listverse i thought I'd share with you my top 10 atheist quotes.

  1. Man created God in his image: intolerant, sexist, homophobic and violent.
  2. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish
  3. People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs
  4. I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours
  5. We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes
  6. Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.
  7. I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence
  8. When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
  9. Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions
  10. Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.

2 comments:

  1. Nice quotes - but how about some attribution? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google is your friend, felicia!

    Thanks for the quotes, BTW!

    ReplyDelete